> Side Dishes
> Snap Peas with Crispy Scallions
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 2 tablespoons water
- Juice of 1/2 a medium lemon
- 1Line a large plate with paper towels and set aside. Place flour in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add shallots to the flour and toss with your fingers to combine. Transfer shallots to a mesh strainer and shake to remove any excess flour.
- 3Place shallots in a single layer in the hot oil and cook, stirring frequently with a slotted spoon, until they’re golden brown all over, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to the paper-towel-lined plate. Season with salt and set aside.
- 4Pour off all of the oil from the pan and discard. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and return it to medium heat. Add snap peas and water and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove snap peas from heat, sprinkle with lemon juice, and toss to coat. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Immediately transfer to a serving platter, top with crispy shallots, and serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?