- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil spray
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt to taste. You can alternately blend the mixture, parmesan cheese included, in a small food processor.
2) Preheat the grill over medium-high heat. Oil the grill's surface. Remove any wilted outer leaves from the Romaine hearts, then cut the hearts in half lengthwise leaving the end intact so each half holds together. Spray them lightly all over with the oil spray.
3) Grill until grill marks or charring forms and the lettuce wilts slightly, about 6 minutes, turning once or twice. Serve drizzled with the vinaigrette.