> Side Dishes
> Carpaccio of Watermelon Radishes with Arugula and Citrus Avocado Vinaigrette
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Vegetarian, For Paleo and Vegetarian omit goat cheese.
- 4 Watermelon radishes
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 oz of baby or wild arugula
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup/ 60ml Avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped herbs such as chives and parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz Fresh goat cheese for serving (optional)
- Peel the outer layer of the watermelon radishes if thick. With a sharp knife or mandoline, thinly slice the radishes into rounds.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the radishes in a colander set over a bowl. Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain radishes, and lightly pat dry. Arrange the slices on a serving platter or individual plates.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the orange juice, avocado oil and fresh herbs. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss the arugula with half the dressing. Place a handful of dressed arugula on top of the sliced radishes and top with a few slices of avocado.
- Garnish with crumbles of fresh goat cheese if desired and drizzle the remaining dressing over the top of the radishes. Serve immediately.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?