- 2 pounds summer squash
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. flaked salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the stem ends and slice the squash cross-wise in 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Toss with the olive oil.
2) In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Arrange the squash rounds in a 9-x12-inch rectangular baking dish, or 10-inch pie plate. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over.
3) Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another five minutes until the top is bubbling and crispy.