> Side Dishes
> Steamed Squash and Baby Bok Choy with Ginger Sesame Sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp of coconut aminos
- 1 inch piece of peeled fresh ginger,
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
-4 heads baby bok choy, halved or
- 1 small acorn squash, seeded, peeled
and cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
1) In a small saucepan, whisk together the oils, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes. Heat gently until warm, cover and set aside.
2) In a large skillet fitted with a steamer basket, bring an inch of water to a boil. Add the squash slices to reduce to a simmer and cover and cook until tender.
3) Remove the squash slices and place on a large platter. Add the bok choy to the steamer basket and cover and cook until fork-tender.
4) Transfer bok choy to the serving platter; drizzle with the reserved ginger sesame mixture, top with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?