> Main Dish
> Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Burgers With Spicy Cashew Mayo
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- â…“ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2½ tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place broccoli florets on a baking sheet lined with a Silipat or parchment paper. Spray with olive oil spray or drizzle with a bit of oil. Bake for 15 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Heat a large pan sprayed with oil over medium heat. Place cooled broccoli florets, chickpeas, flax, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, dijon, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large food processor. Process until well-combined.
- Stir in breadcrumbs by hand. Form into four tightly packed patties.
- Cook for six minutes per side (12 minutes total). Serve on whole-grain buns with spicy cashew mayo and extra hot sauce.
- Place cashews in a bowl of water. Soak for 4 hours or overnight. If you're in a hurry, pour boiling water over the cashews and soak for thirty minutes.
- Drain cashews and add to food processor along with hot sauce and water. Process for a couple minutes, scraping down the sides, until completely smooth and creamy.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?