> Main Dish
> Cherry Protein Bars
- 1½ cups gluten-free puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup pure rolled oats (make sure they are gluten-free)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup gluten-free dried cherries, unsweetened
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup sliced walnuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp flax, ground
- 2 tbsp chia seed, ground
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 6 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the sunflower seed butter and maple syrup.
- In a small saucepan, heat the sunflower seed butter and syrup over medium low heat until it becomes liquefied and smooth.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined and everything is coated evenly.
- Spread the granola out on the parchment-lined baking sheet, into a thin ¼" layer.
- Bake in the center of a warmed oven for 25 minutes, until the granola is browned and slightly crispy. (Don’t cook any longer; it may not look burned but it will be.)
- Let the granola cool for about 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to a flat surface and cut into bars and finish cooling on a wire rack. Enjoy either in bar form or crumble as granola pieces. Store in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?