- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss the cauliflower with 2 Tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet until tender. Reduce oven to 300 degrees. Toss a quarter of the kale with 1 Tbs. olive oil, season with salt and roast until crispy.
2) Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat add 2 Tbs. olive oil and cook the celery until tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper, stir occasionally. Add cauliflower and broth, increase heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium- low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining kale, increase heat to medium and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
3) In batches puree the soup in a high speed blender until smooth. Return soup to pot and adjust seasonings. Top with crispy kale and pine nuts, serve immediately.