> Raw Blueberry and Kiwi Tart
This tart is both delectable and packed to its crinkled edges with nutrients and good-for-you ingredients. The crust is made from a combination of raw almonds, dates, vanilla bean, cinnamon, and nutmeg, which creates an ultra-gooey, dense, and delicious tart base that elegantly nuzzles each topping layer within its nutty embrace. The crust is then topped with a banana-cashew cream that adds a sweet richness to balance and tame the acidity from the fruits. The next layer is a kiwi-blueberry glaze that is spread over the banana-cashew cream to add a lovely brightness. The final touch is a symmetrical arrangement of kiwis and blueberries, which adds eye-appeal and a dash of glam. Despite having multiple steps and layers, this tart is actually super simple to make, and I promise it will be worth all that methodical berry placement!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2½ cups pitted medjool dates, divided
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 vanilla bean, caviar removed
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 6 kiwis, peeled and divided
- 1½ cups blueberries, divided
- Add the raw almonds, 2 cups medjool dates, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla bean caviar, and a pinch of nutmeg to a food processor. Pulse 8-10 times and then let everything process into a fine meal for 3-5 minutes. Add in the tablespoon of water and continue to process for another minute or until the mixture rolls in a ball within the food processor.
- Line the bottom of a 10-inch round tart pan with parchment paper (I usually trace the tart pan insert and then cut the parchment paper out).
- Dump the crust mixture into the tart pan and press into the pan and up the sides. Be patient with this step as it will take several minutes to get it spread evenly and pressed into the pan. If the mixture is too sticky, dip your fingers in water to repel the mixture as you're pressing it into the pan.
- Place the tart pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to let the crust set (the crust can be made a day ahead of time and stored in the freezer).
- While the crust is chilling, soak 1 cup of raw cashews in warm water for at least 30 minutes. Drain.
- Add the cashews, banana, 3 pitted dates, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the food processor. Process for 5-7 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Pour the banana-cashew cream into the tart shell and place in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- While the cashew cream is setting, add 2 kiwis, ½ cup of blueberries, and 4 pitted dates to a blender. Blend until a smooth glaze forms (approximately 2 minutes).
- Pour blueberry-kiwi glaze over the banana-cashew cream and carefully spread across surface.
- Thinly slice 4 kiwis. Add kiwis and 1 cup blueberries to a bowl and toss in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Arrange the blueberries and kiwis in circles working your way inward from the outer edge of the tart.
- Refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes to set before slicing. Slice with a sharp knife, serve, and enjoy.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?