1. Cucumber: contains citrulline which is an amino acid that has been shown to help our liver and kidneys get rid of ammonia which is a by product of the proteins our bodies burn for energy.
2. Water: helps flush toxins and waste through our system while keeping us hydrated.
3. Lemon: stimulates the digestive track so it’s helpful if you have constipation, heartburn, or gas.
4. Mint: helps you digest effectively because it improves the flow of bile from the liver to the gallbladder to the small intestine to break down dietary fats. It also helps relax cramped up stomach muscles.
5. Orange: contains flavonoids in the peel and juice that stimulate the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels.
1-2 Liters water
10-15 fresh mint leaves
handful of ice
1 Wash the lemon, orange, cucumber and mint. After washed, carefully slice the fruit so it will fit into whichever container you decide to use (leaving the skin on is fine).
2 In your container, combine water and ice to fill about 3/4 of the glass.
3 Add the sliced lemon, orange, cucumber and mint until the drink is full.
4 Stir and leave in fridge overnight before drinking. Leave all ingredients in the drink while enjoying it.